LR changing metadata date...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braders

I seem to have groups of images shot on 2 separate days with the correct metadata dates- 11/27/2010 and 12/4/2010

When i toggle I to bring the information and look closer at the EXIF, the date time original says 12/17/2010?

Thus when viewing the grid via 'capture time' the images appear as per the date time original and thus out of order.

These imports were in 3.2. i thought that i had the preference 'write date or time changes into proprietary raw files' off. Would this have been the culprit? I had noticed my preferences were not sticking in 3.2.

How does one fix?

Information in loupe view.PNGMetadata.jpg

Brad, as 12/18/2010 isn't till next week, any chance you've got the wrong date set in the camera?

OK, well in that case I have no idea how a future date got set for the pics in question. I've tried a little bit of testing with that setting on and off with no noticeable difference. One thing I did note, though, is that when I used the "Edit Capture Time" option to change the dates on a RAW file to be the same as the "File Creation Date" (being a test catalog, there is a big date difference between original capture date and the date the file was written to this PC), all three of the dates which are typically displayed in the EXIF Metadata section were changed....but interestingly, having changed all three dates this way, the "Revert Capture Time to Original" option in the Metadata menu was enabled. Used it, and all dates reverted back.

So whilst I can't explain the date shift on your pics, it would be worth checking one of them to see if that "Revert" command is enabled, and if so give it a go....that may be the fix you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back