• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

LR CC - Slowing up system

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelg

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Hi there,

First post here since I joined ages ago late at night and forgot to revisit to pick up tips!

Just upgraded from LR5.7 to CC and am working my way through the face recognition thing. However every time I click on the tick to accept the proposed name my entire screen goes black whilst it processes it, even if I only do this for one person. Sometimes it is stuck on the 'lights out' mode when it returns.

Is this a bug or has something in my preferences changed since I upgraded?

I don't have a dedicated graphics card but I noticed that the GPU assistance option was ticked. I unticked it and things have got worse.

I do have a decent system (i5 with 16Gb RAM) so it should be able to cope.

Any suggestions? Am I alone in having this problem or anyone else experiencing the same?

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Is the face region indexing still running while you're working in People view? Check the Activity Centre to see.

Is the face region indexing still running while you're working in People view? Check the Activity Centre to see.

Hi Jim,

The three activities (Sync with LR Mobile, Address Lookup and Facial Recognition) are showing as Paused currently. I presume that's what you mean?

Since my last reply hasn't appeared as it said it was being moderated, I will try again.

There are three activities listed in the Activity Centre bit (if I understand what you're referring to correctly) and those are LR Mobile Sync, Address lookup and Facial Recognition. The first two are paused, the last I have tried paused and unpaused with no difference in how slow it is. I left it to run from early this morning for the indexing and it isn't showing any files remaining to be index so I would assume it is done.

I am really stumped as to what is wrong with it - when I click the tick to say someone is who it thinks, it is around 10 seconds before it accepts it and they disappear from the unnamed list. I really want to use this feature but I think it if persists at this speed I will end up giving up on it as I have 1000's of pics still to 'name'!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back