• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

LR CC Android and LR Classic working together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umberto Cocca

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Mobile Operating System: Android

Desktop Operating System: Windows 10

Desktop Lightroom Version:
Latest subscription, classic mode

Question or Description of Problem:

BEFORE LATEST LR UPDATES:
I set up my LR CC mobile for android to automatically look up for images on my mobile and add them to a collection. I was then able to browse those files and the collection from Mobile, Web and the "old LR CC".

AFTER LATEST LR UPDATES
As soon as all the applications (both mobile and desktop) were updated, the collection stopped synchronising with LR Classic. I still have the collection updated locally on my Android and on the LR web, but it is not appearing anymore on the LR Classic. I also tried to delete that original collection from both Classic and Android, and created a new one, with a different name. The new collection is visible from Android and Web, but not synchronised with Classic.

I have checked the other threads in the forum that could be relevant, but I found no pending tasks / errors showing on the LR Classic.

Any help is really appreciated!
Umberto

Have you checked to ensure that syncing is still active (i.e. not paused or turned off) in Classic? Look in the activity centre (click in the Identity Plate area), what does the "Sync with Lightroom mobile" line show? If it shows the "pause icon" (two vertical bars) then syncing is indeed enabled, but if you see either "Paused" or "Start", then that's the problem.

Hi Jim, thanks for your reply. Sync is enabled and I can see that there are photos in the cloud (517 MB of 20 GB used).

The photos are synced to the folder I assigned, but there is no automatically updated Collection anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back