• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

LR CC/6 with multiple computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pscron

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
I use 2 iMacs in different locations. I have been able to sync changes such as "Actions" in PS, but I do not see a similar way to sync settings, particularly user presets, in the "export" dialog in LR. Is there a way to do this through CC rather than recreating the presets?

Yes, you can do this but the best way depends on what catalog(s) you use. If you use the same catalog on both computers (for example on an external hard disk), then the easiest method is to save the presets with the catalog. You can do this in the Presets tab of the Preferences. If you use different catalogs, you can sync your settings through Dropbox by using symbolic links. Let me know if you need me to explain how to do that.

Thanks, Johan. I use an ext hd and have just changed my LR preferences to "store w/ cat. I also copied older presets from the internal hd and added them to the ext. hd. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back