• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

LR CC 2015 - Backup Process appears hung!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlemmingHJ

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Hello
I like many have taken the plunge and am now running LRCC 2015 on my windows 7 64 bit system.

My working catalog is about 1 Gbyte in size. When I perform a full backup (both options checked), LR or my OS informs me that LR is no longer responding (a typical lost program symptom). However, if I wait a little longer, this condition is replaced with the windows desktop and the data is backed up.

I consider this condition to be unnerving but not catastrophic. Don't jump to Windows task manager and shut down LR - let the condition "heal itself".

Has anyone else experienced this issue during Backup

Thank you
Howard

I haven't seen it, but it's likely related to the size of the file. Excellent advise to wait and see if it sorts itself out.

I tried it on my Windows system this morning, using the largest catalog I could find (about 80k images) and I did see the "not responding" for a few seconds, no more than 10 I'd think. Cleared up and the backup completed. Doesn't happen on any of my smaller catalogs though, so in this case I guess size does matter!

The brief hang-up was in the optimisation phase, and interestingly when I ran the backup again a few minutes later, no problems occurred (presumably the second backup had a much quicker optimisation process, so never got to the hang-up state).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back