jerry12953

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi,

My PC has two separate hard drives. One, the D drive, is almost full, while the other, the E drive, is almost empty. So I thought I would try to save new files on the E drive. I can do that, but I'd like to use the same file structure on the E drive as the D drive. Like this

DATA (D:) > Folder D: > Raw files > 2008 etc

The E Drive looks like this

DATA (E:) > Folder dates etc.

I can't click on DATA (E:) to be able to structure my folders and files as I can on the D drive.

This may seem like unnecessary perfectionism but the files are not automatically going into the folders I specify for them on import.

Would appreciate a solution to this, one way or another. Thanks.

Edit - Where the smiley face appears there should be a colon + close brackets.

It should be possible to create that folder by clicking on the plus icon in the Lightroom folder panel. If not, then use the following work around. Create 'Folder E' manually on the E drive, place a temporary image in it and import that image. From now on you'll have the desired folder structure at your disposal. You can delete the temporary image again from Lightroom and from the drive.

Thanks but I don't seem to be able to create folder E on the E drive......... where and how do you suggest I do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back