Not open for further replies.

swteven

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Other (please note in thread)
I recently bought a Nikon D750 and now LR 5.7.1 is creating duplicate copies in dated folders. How can I change this ?
(FYI - I am running Lion on my Mac so I can continue using Photoshop CS4)

What do you mean by "Duplicate Copies"? Are you seeing two copies of each image in Lightroom, or do you mean that there are two copies of the images on the hard drive?

How do you normally import? Do you upload to your hard drive first, before them importing into Lightroom? If so, it could simply be that when you do the import you're using "Copy" not "Add" in the Import Panel, and if you have "Organize by Date" set in the Destination panel you would end up with the images being copied into dated folders (but still only the one copy in the dated folders would be seen in Lightroom).

If it's not that, some screenshots (one of the import panel, the other showing the duplicates in Lightroom) would be helpful.

Are you sure these are duplicates, or are you perhaps mislead by the 'Library - Show photos in subfolders' menu? If you turn this on, an image will be counted in the parent folder image count, and also in the subfolder image count, so you may get the impression that it exists twice.

I normally import by uploading to my hard drive (a folder with a title). Then I import to LR. After importing to LR there are 2 copies per image on my hard drive. One in the titled folder and another in a dated folder. I am checking ADD when I import.

I normally import by uploading to my hard drive (a folder with a title). Then I import to LR. After importing to LR there are 2 copies per image on my hard drive. One in the titled folder and another in a dated folder. I am checking ADD when I import.
Very likely that you didn't use ADD by mistake, but COPY. Dated folders are (obviously) only created when you use copy.

Thanks John. I may have accidentally used COPY. I will see what happens next time I import.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back