• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

LR and DXO OPTICS Pro - added value?

Harry Briels

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
I wonder whether DXO Optics Pro adds substantial value to my LR4.4?
What is your experience and advise?
Thanks for reply
Harry

Bryan Conner

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Substantial? That depends on your definition of substantial. Some people love DXO 9 and others not so much. I have DXO 9 Pro and Lightroom 5.4. DXO has some nice film emulations and a really good high iso noise reduction in the PRIME noise reduction. The lens corrections are also good. I think the noise reduction has an advantage over Lightroom when working with very high/noisy images. Lens corrections and the film emulations are not a real advantage. You can achieve the same in Lightroom. I think of it as only another tool to use on my images. I stay in Lightroom probably 99% of the time.

You should download the free trial of DXO and decide for yourself.