• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

LR 7.3 Camera Matching

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevevp

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 7.2
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
I am just about to brave an upgrade to LR7.3 (some concerns about presets and reports of crashes). I have one question. My preferred camera profile for all my images is Camera Standard rather than Adobe Standard. I set this with an import preset. When I do the upgrade will this setting stay the same on all my existing images or will it change to the new default which I think is Adobe Color? Whilst I am keen to try the new features I don't want any "surprises"!

Thanks in advance.

Existing images retain their current profile. The default profile for new images is Adobe Color.

I too use Camera Standard which is set up as the default import. I'm finding Adobe Vivdi is closer to Camera Standard while Adobe Color is closer to Camera Faithful. However it is more like a 1/2 step scale as intensity gets stronger. Faithful - Color - Standard - Vivid. This is just preliminary as I need to look at it more carefully. Certainly more range of options if you don't custom profile. Since I do a lot of wildlife I'm leaning towards Vivid as it does punch it up a tad.

Very convenient location and same goes for DeHaze. About time.

Having not yet braved the update, dare I ask if there is likely to be an imminent 7.4 to address the current issues users are having with crashes and presets or is 7.3 deemed officially stable? :cautious:

Yes. I called Adobe support and they said I would get an email when they corrected the presets issue. I only had the issue on my iMac, not the MacBook Air. Both High Sierra but the iMac has an HD with EFS+ and the Air has and SSD with APFS. My presets are not in the system folder but in the LR catalogue folder. The Air found them but the iMac couldn't. I had to move them back to the system folder, point there and then I just moved them back to the original location and re-pointed back. Thanks to Vitoria for suggesting that which helped me resolve the next issue.

The Default Develop settings would not auto apply. The masters files that I make adjustments to are also also kept in the LR catalogue folder. My 5D4 has 10 master files. I took another set of 10 files, deleted the original folder, put the new folder in the LR catalogue folder, imported it and all my adjustments showed up without any intervention. Now I have a new set of masters for each camera. This did not happen to my Air.

I don't know if it is an EFS+ vs SSD issue but that is the only difference between the two. Both devices are set up exactly the same way.

Once I discovered the problem it took took no time to fix but waiting is not a bad idea unless you want the new profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back