Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR 6.14
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
I'd like to know if there are advantages to upgrading to LR Classic. I am happy with my perpetual copy of LR 6.14, and am hesitant to take on the expense of £120/annum.
Thank you.

I should re-word - underexposed shadows.
It has to be a bit more than that. Something has to skew the colors in the under-exposed shadows to pink/purple. I had some at quite high ISO (circa 20k) in blacks, and found no difference. I saw other people with similar shots even at lower ISO and it went from an awful magenta-purple to blank, a hugh improvement.

On the good side and worth saying, the V5 does not seem to ever do any harm; I tried a lot of shots and experimented going back and forth and for me personally it did not much of anything, but never did it do any harm. Since sometimes it may help, it seems a very positive development (pun intended).

Yes. I got same feedback elsewhere. At least we know there was an improvement and it will be there when the conditions are right.

I have had another look at LR6's purple at high ISO and can see that the cause (in the newest image I have) is linked to lens corrections. LR is lifting the edge exposure (fixing vignetting) far too much, causing problems. To eliminate it completely, I have to drop the correction to zero. If I go to white balance and maximise the purple tint shift, this shows how much the edges of the images are much brighter than the middle. Odd. If I get time I'll explore further. Images exposed at ordinary daylight exposures need the vignetting fixed (I guess I have assumed this), this image is at ISO25,000 and doesn't. Maybe I shouldn't trust Adobe's lens profile?

I have had another look at LR6's purple at high ISO and can see that the cause (in the newest image I have) is linked to lens corrections. LR is lifting the edge exposure (fixing vignetting) far too much, causing problems. To eliminate it completely, I have to drop the correction to zero. If I go to white balance and maximise the purple tint shift, this shows how much the edges of the images are much brighter than the middle. Odd. If I get time I'll explore further. Images exposed at ordinary daylight exposures need the vignetting fixed (I guess I have assumed this), this image is at ISO25,000 and doesn't. Maybe I shouldn't trust Adobe's lens profile?

It might be a bug in the profiles. I'm getting it with zoom lenses on one body. The same lenses on different bodies don't have the same problems. I hadn't noticed that link before. Interesting. So far as I can tell, it is linked to the ISO. At lower ISOs, the corrections are good. Stranger and stranger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back