• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

LR 6 - Face Recognition Confirmed/Similar Faces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rac57

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
I am new to LR and this is my first LR post...
I have sorted several photos using the facial recognition feature, however... how do I remove photos from the "Confirmed" window if they are not correct? Also, is it possible to remove photos from the "Similar" windows underneath the "Confirmed" window? I do not want to delete the photos entirely, but remove them?

Thank you...

Click on the confirmed picture, and put the mouse over the name. Then click on it and change the person.
To remove from similar, you either need to correct the person or remove the facial tag.

Thank you for the reply. Is there a way to remove multiple pictures at once (from either window)? Or is this done individually? In fortunately I have several hundred...

You may select multiple pictures/faces using the CTRL or the SHIFT keys, same as in library grid view.

Sent from my vk6050s using Tapatalk

Select it in the Faces view and press the Delete key or right-click > Remove Face Region.

Thank you for the assistance. I was attempting to "clean up" the folders in LR after using the facial recognition feature. However, in many cases, I have 10K+ photos in a few of the "Similar" photos windows. I have finally started to sort the "Confirmed" photos (thank you), but the Similar" is where the bulk are.

I've managed to "clean-up" the photos in the Confirmed windows. However, in some cases, I have over 1K photos in the associated Similar window? I know that I can delete them or correctly tag them individually, but I haven't successfully found a way to either delete or rename multiple pictures. The CTRL or SHIFT key function does not work for this purpose.

You can just ignore the Similar ones. They use much wider criteria, but when you rename them or delete non-faces from the main People screen, they'll disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back