• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lr 6 crashing on Mac High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMP

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Operating System:Mac High Sierra IOS 10.13.3
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info):Lr v6.0

Hi I am after some advice, Lr keeps crashing on me when operating in the develop module. It doesn't matter what slider to tool I select it will just randomly crash and keeps doing it. I have noticed on here that people are mentioning problems with the GPU and elsewhere on the internet (Adobe forums) there is talk about Lr6 not been compatible with the High Sierra update and that this isn't helped by Adobe not offering any more updates for v 6.0. Can anyone give me any authoritative advice on the situation overall and how to remedy it. I am not a fan of any type of subscription and have read of people who do subscribe still having problems so I am not convinced that is the way to go. Not very tech savvy so guidance on the GPU solution would also be welcome. TIA

Lightroom 6.0 is indeed not compatible with High Sierra. Why are you still using this old version? The update to 6.14 is free.

Lightroom 6.0 is indeed not compatible with High Sierra. Why are you still using this old version? The update to 6.14 is free.
I have looked at trying to update it but when I go to updates it tells me there are no updates, so how do I update to 6.14?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back