LR 6.2/2015.2 HDR definitely better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoggy

Never take life, or anything in it, too seriously.
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
... On same 3 shots, 1 1/3 stops apart, handheld - starting with same photo selected.

In some areas it was marginally better, and in others it is night-and-day better! Wow! The older HDR was even blurry in these night-and-day areas.

... Just my 2 cents

It's lovely to hear someone with something good to say about this update! Great news Hoggy!

Have you heard anything about whether it should still be better with fewer shots? (within a certain stop range - I forget the specific numbers though)

I still have yet to fully test that out myself (right now I'm too stoked to try redoing more previously made ones :), simply copying all the develop settings) -- but I think most of the ones done in the prior versions so far were 3 shots included. Unfortunately, I only somewhat recently started to regularly record whether or not 3 shots were used and how much deghosting may have been used - recorded in the 1st snapshot name. For the one above, 3 shots were listed as being used - no deghosting info on it though.

It would be wonderful if Adobe started recording that info in the metadata soon.
And on a related note, they still haven't allowed for auto stacking yet. :-/

Have you heard anything about whether it should still be better with fewer shots? (within a certain stop range - I forget the specific numbers though)

Yep, that still stands unless they're too far apart and introducing noise.

I've found the Panorama merge to work better also. I have tested with a few sets that wouldn't merge in the correct order in Lightroom, but would in Photoshop. They now merge fine in LR and quickly too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back