• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

LR 6 .14 MISSING PRESETS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rwentzel

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Somehow I seemed to have lost all my presets.
How do I get them back ?
I backup my Catalog to an external harddrive about every two weeks and have several of these backups on the external harddrive.
Some help please
Thanks.

Did you perhaps decided to store the presets with the catalog, or decided to no longer do that?

Just for clarity, do you see the standard Adobe presets or are you saying that you don't see ANY presets? If the latter, do you see the Presets Panel?

But if you do see the Adobe presets, but not your own, try toggling the "Store Presets with this catalog" option on the Preferences>Presets tab.

If you do not see any presets at all, and not even the Presets heading, then you have hidden the panel. Right-click on an empty area of another panel name. That will bring up a contextual menu where you can toggle the visibility of individual panels.

Lightroom.jpg

Just for clarity, do you see the standard Adobe presets or are you saying that you don't see ANY presets? If the latter, do you see the Presets Panel?

But if you do see the Adobe presets, but not your own, try toggling the "Store Presets with this catalog" option on the Preferences>Presets tab.
Thanks Jim, found them by toggling as you suggested. LR is sometimes a strange beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back