Status
Not open for further replies.

marinephoto

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
My old reliable Nikkor 70-300 lens was getting pretty tired after shooting in excess of 100,000 shots so I recently traded it in at B&H for the newer AF-P version. I mounted this lens on my Nikon D500 today and it seems to work fine so far although I haven't run any lens tests on it yet. But when I uploaded the card and began to develop the images I noticed that LR is not offering the correct profile in the Lens Corrections panel. Is this because this lens was introduced after the final LR 6.14 update? If so is there a workaround? If not which one of the offered profiles would be best to select? (see screen shot)

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 6.30.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 6.30.43 PM.png
    150.5 KB · Views: 95
My old reliable Nikkor 70-300 lens was getting pretty tired after shooting in excess of 100,000 shots so I recently traded it in at B&H for the newer AF-P version. I mounted this lens on my Nikon D500 today and it seems to work fine so far although I haven't run any lens tests on it yet. But when I uploaded the card and began to develop the images I noticed that LR is not offering the correct profile in the Lens Corrections panel. Is this because this lens was introduced after the final LR 6.14 update? If so is there a workaround? If not which one of the offered profiles would be best to select? (see screen shot)

Thanks!

Whoops! I solved my own problem. I recently traded in some of my old camera gear and before doing so I wanted to check shutter actuation counts. Some of the free apps online that calculate shutter activations require jpegs so I reset all my cameras to jpeg from RAW. I figured I might as well get a count on my D500 as well even though I was keeping it so I also switched it to jpeg. Problem is I forgot to switch it back to RAW so when I tested my new lens today I was shooting jpegs and thus Lens Corrections didn't work. Once I switched the D500 back to RAW all was fixed.

Whew!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back