Catalogs LR 6.14 any way to delete extra catalog listings in drop down box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig_k

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
With my new install of perpetual licensed LR6 on the new system and update to v.14, now when i export any new work as a catalog for importing to my numerous EHD's where my Light Room catalogs reside, I see that just exported catalog showing as a catalog option when you hit EDIT, show catalogs tab.
Previously in LR6 v.13 , it did not do that. Since i export any new shoot for importation into numerous EHD's for backup purposes, this has the potential to be showing multiple of 10's of catalog choices pretty quick. I cannot do a snipping tool image to post as if you click on LR-Edit to get dropdown box then click on snip, the LR dropdown box showing catalogs retracts out of sight. ( how do you get around that ???) as an aside inquiry. I keep LR on multiple EHD's separate from my PC or Laptop. Hopefully the catalog listings are somehow accessible (offline) so that list can be maintained for pertinent use only. Thank you for your time.

Have these two questions been deemed not to be pertinent?
1. How do you delete extra catalogs that are newly acquired from exporting any new work for importing into ones numerous travel\field\backup EHD's from the drop down menu under edit providing is it even possible?
2. Using snippet tool for screenshots, how do you manipulate it when trying to show dropdown menus that once have them displayed, then click on snippet tool for screen grab, they will disappear because you've "activated" another part of your screen thusly causing those that were down to retract?
Thank you for your time.

1. To take them out of the list (I assume you mean when you do File>Open Recent), you have to "hide" them from Lightroom, which you can only do by renaming, deleting, or moving them to a different location. I suppose you could also hack either (or maybe both) the Lightroom 6 Preferences or Lightroom 6 Startup Preferences files (which I wouldn't recommend unless you know exactly what you are doing).
2. With the drop-down list on screen, I use the Print Screen key on the keyboard which pastes the screenshot of the entire screen to the clipboard. Once in the clipboard it can be pasted into an app such as Paint for subsequent capture of the relevant part of the image by the snipping tool.

Thank you sir for the help, I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back