LR 5 Issues

ok2day

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
My catalog was moved and all pictures show up under one heading, all photographs. Before it got moved, the photos were in separate years, 2014, 2015, etc. How do I get these to populate back to their respective folders/years?

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
‘All Photographs’ is a collection, not a folder. The folder panel is below that collection group. You may need to expand it first. It may also be hidden. If that is the case, then right-click on an empty part of the header. You will get a menu with the option to toggle the visibility of the panels.

ok2day

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Thanks Johan for your reply.

I right clicked on the header and did not get an option re: the panels.

I have under "Catalog" " All Photographs" and all my photos are in that catalog.

I then have "Pictures" and I have years 2015, 2016, etc. and do not have any pictures in these designated years. How do I get these photos from the catalog to the respective years they were taken?

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
You still misunderstand how Lightroom works. Like I said: "All Photographs" is a collection. It's just a list. It's not a folder with physical images inside it. Can you show a screenshot of what you are (not) seeing? And check the following: Lightroom needs special permissions in MacOS Catalina. You are taking a big chance by using such an old version of Lightroom on a version of MacOS that was never tested with it and is not supported with it, but the problem might be easy to fix. Check that you did give Lightroom the permissions it needs:

catalinasecurity.png

BobMc

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
6.x
The images are in subfolders under your Year folders.

There are two options
  • Click on the arrow to the left of the year to see the subfolders that actually hold the images or
  • While in Library module, click on the word Library in the upper left of your screen and select “Show Photos in Subfolders” . This is a two way toggle. When on there is a check mark on that line.