Lr 5 crashing and locking up PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilGF

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
I've been using Lr since version 2 and never had an issue like this.

I'm using Windows 10 and Lr CC V2015.2.1. At the end of last weekend I launched Lr and inserted a SD card. This is when Lr stopped responding and for the most part locked up the computer. Today when the window slowly open to import it hung and Windows 10 responded that it's not responding. I then moved the files to the hard drive and relaunched LR. I finally got the files imported.

Up to last weekend I've been using Windows 10 and Lr without issue. One thing that I did change prior to last weekend was the camera raw cache location {moved it from the OS SSD to another SSD} and set the default of 1 GB to 25 GB. After the crash of LR tonight I did clear the cache and set it to 5GB. I also have been using the graphics processor for RAW processing.

Any suggestions?

I've been using Lr since version 2 and never had an issue like this.

I'm using Windows 10 and Lr CC V2015.2.1. At the end of last weekend I launched Lr and inserted a SD card. This is when Lr stopped responding and for the most part locked up the computer. Today when the window slowly open to import it hung and Windows 10 responded that it's not responding. I then moved the files to the hard drive and relaunched LR. I finally got the files imported.

Up to last weekend I've been using Windows 10 and Lr without issue. One thing that I did change prior to last weekend was the camera raw cache location {moved it from the OS SSD to another SSD} and set the default of 1 GB to 25 GB. After the crash of LR tonight I did clear the cache and set it to 5GB. I also have been using the graphics processor for RAW processing.

Any suggestions?
LRCC2015.2.1 is buggy and not stable. The last stable release id LRCC2015.1.1 It is recommended that you roll back to the stable version until Adobe issues the next update.
How do I roll back to Lightroom 2015.1.1 or Lightroom 6.1.1?

I thought the unstable version was the warning that Laura emailed out. I waited when till they patched that one the following week or so. I don't make my living as a professional photographer anymore. I would really be pissed with Adobe right now.

I thought the unstable version was the warning that Laura emailed out. I waited when till they patched that one the following week or so. I don't make my living as a professional photographer anymore. I would really be pissed with Adobe right now.
LRCC2015.2.1 only fixed some of the severe problems with LRCC2015.2. We are all waiting on LRCC2015.3

We are all waiting on LRCC2015.3

Not all of us. I'm running the latest version of Lightroom on both my old Windows desktop (now running Win10) and my MacBook Pro (running 10.9.5). I am yet to experience ANY stability issues or crashes or lock-ups, and I doubt I'm the only "lucky" one. I have no problems with the new import dialog (with the Add Photos screen enabled or disabled), apart from a minor bug related to switching import presets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back