• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtnapper

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
I can not get LR to sync folders, there are several that are there and were imported, but for some reason now are not showing up. I can see the missing folders in explorer. If I attempt a sync it hangs around 70%....for hours. What to do? Thanks.

Hi Dirtnapper. Which bit hangs... have you seen the Synchronize dialog by this stage, or is it hanging before it shows?

What happens if you try to import the folders via the normal Import dialog?

Part of the problem I had was that I also installed LR 6.6(full, not upgrade), so I had two versions running. Once LR 5.7 was removed it worked fine.

Part of the problem I had was that I also installed LR 6.6(full, not upgrade), so I had two versions running. Once LR 5.7 was removed it worked fine.
Interesting....it's not normally possible to have two versions of LR running concurrently on Windows (unlike on OSX). How did you manage that?

I just tried it. 5.7 will run at the same time that 2015.6 is running on Windows 10. LR 4 isn't as co-operative.

I just tried it. 5.7 will run at the same time that 2015.6 is running on Windows 10. LR 4 isn't as co-operative.
Even more interesting....I just tried it, but all that happened when I double-clicked the LR5.7 desktop icon is that the minimised LR2015.6 window was maximised again. Which is what I would have expected, as the actual executable file-name is the same for both versions.

I didn't have them both opened at same time to clarify, but two versions installed.
Which is what I initially thought you meant....but that shouldn't cause the problem you were having, as you can safely have different versions of Lightroom installed at the same time (I currently have LR3, LR4, LR5 and LRCC installed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back