• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

LR 5.5 Radial Filter Corrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLA

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I have been using LR 5.5 and the Radial Filter. Today suddenly the Radial Filter would not perform appropriatly. When I applied the Radial Filter (RF) the four crosses on the edges do not appear and when I try to open up the RF the image is distorted. When I close the RF there is no star or dot on the spot the RF was to be applied. I deleted LR 5.5 from my Computer (Main Disk and Trash). I then installed LR 5.3 and the problem persisted. With the reinstalled LR 5.3 I tried the RF on images in an old collection and an old folder and there was no improvement. The images were all in the same catalog. I do not know what else to do and would appreciate any suggestions. Hopefully this is not a sigh of a corrupt catalog.
Tom

On the toolbar for the Radial Filter there is a dropdownlistbox. Set it to something other than "Never". If the Toolbar is not visiblt Press "T" to toggle the toolbar on and off.
attachment.php

Attachments

• LRScreen60.jpg
    LRScreen60.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 703
Last edited by a moderator:
Totally agree with TLA on this. After updating to LR 5.5 I had no issues what so ever until I had used the Radial Filter. I think the tool is corrupted. After using it LR stated to lag up even to the point unusable. Initially I thought it was the problem of my Hard Disk because it was loading the images forever and the folders were not accessible until I had closed lightroom completely ( CTRL + ALT + DEL it ).

Running a number of Google search on my issue led to a few possibilities but I had concluded that it was the radial filter in LR 5.5 after arriving to this thread.

It was as simple as that. I just cleared the picture I had worked with from the edits and it was working fine again.

Hope the radial filter issue can be addressed soon.

Thank you so much for your comments. I found the toolbar and did find I had it set to "Never" and changed it to "Always". However the Radial Filter would not work on the files I processed yesterday when the problem arose. I deleted all the images I processed yesterday and now the Radial Filter appears to be working appropriately. If I continue to have problems I will rename my Preference File as suggested. Thanks again, I deeply appreciate you suggestions and help. I felt naked without a functioning Light Room. I have been taking images of my wife's daylillies and the Radial Filter is ideal for darkening the background.
Thanks Again
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back