Not open for further replies.

Dianne_A

Dianne_A
Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I had both Photoshop CS5 and Lightroom 4.1 on my laptop. Then I upgraded to Photoshop CS6 and LR 4.1 didn't see it. After a week, I uninstalled CS5, thinking that LR 4.1 would be smart enough to recognize CS6 as the primary editor.

Not so. LR 4.1 is looking for CS4, not CS5 or CS6. How can I get it to see CS6 without re-installing either application. Is there a .ini file somewhere or a registry key to tweak?

I've never been able to figure out why the Primary Editor needs to be hard-wired in - especially when it doesn't work consistently. I've checked HELP and the adobe forums, but can't seem to find a solution.

Does anyone here know how to fix this? THX.
Dianne

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Reinstalling is the preferred option, but if you want to tweak the registry here's the official Adobe knowledge-base article.

LR 4.1 Edit In function

Reinstalling is the preferred option, but if you want to tweak the registry here's the official Adobe knowledge-base article.

Thanks so much for directing me to the Adobe KB article. That's just what I was hoping to find. The registry tweak is faster for me - and it now works just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back