• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

LR 3.6 RC - fast collection and flagged images

Status
Not open for further replies.

decuant

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Hello,

I'm using the italian localized version of LR so bear with me I'm using the wrong names.

I select some images to be added to the "fast collection", and they are displayed properly (i.e. their count matches the selection I did).

I then select all of these images and I add the flag (the white flag on the upper left corner of the thumbnail). Sadly their count doesn't show up and stay at zero.

I then try to remove all the images from the fast collection, assuming they __may__ show up in the flagged collection, but they don't.

I have looked around this problem is already signaled. I'm new to posting in this forum and I don't know if this is the right place.

Regards

Antonio

That is fun, Italian in Belgium - you would be confused!!:grin: Welcome and I hope we will sort you out.
The term for fast collection is Quick collection.
Now to flags, flags are local so only appear in the collection or view where you set them, change collection and they disappear. You may be better to use stars or colours as they stick with the file in any view.
We'll start there!!:grin:

hello Geoff

Hi Geoff,

thanks for answering.

I use everything (keywords, colors, stars), and when it comes to catalog images LR is great !

The problem I'm reporting just appeared 1 or 2 days ago, before everything was ok, so I could have images both flagged and in the Quick Collection. Was used to do this just to do sort of sub-selection for priority of developing.

I'm only an hobbist photographer so it's not that high trouble, but before everything was fine and I wasn't taking care of the place where I was setting flags or "Quick collection" circle.

(Just a little note: have you seen how much RAM I have ? this is more funny that being italian in belgium, writing in english)

problem disappeared

Hello Geoff,

the problem I had about images not being collected when I was flagging them has totally disappeared.

Thus now I can go to any group of images and select any into the "Quick collection" or flag it and the counters increase/decrease accordingly to the operation I do.

I don't understand what has fixed it.

Thanks for trying to help

Antonio

I suspect Geoff was on the right track, but he left out a detail -- flagging is local to the folder or collection. However, Smart Collections will honor flags that are set in the folder. So if you're viewing a smart collection (including special ones like "Previous Import") or viewing a folder and set a flag, that flag will be reflected in the folder view and in all smart collections, but not in any static collections.

Hello Mark,

thanks for your time.

I have just double checked and I have found that I can mark with a flag an image in the "quick collection" but this image won't appear in the "flagged" collection.

I can do the contrary instead, that is add a "flagged" image to the "quick collection".

So I can go to "quick collection" and sub select some images with a flag, but these images will not appear in the "flagged" collection.

Is this what are you saying ?

Another thing: I don't know what's a static collection.

Thanks

Antonio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back