LR 3.6 ....i wanted to xfer everything to ext hd incl catalogs and operate from there

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig_k

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
I "copied" my present 2012-2013 folders to another folder and added those to my external hd , that I have been backing up to all along with the intention of just using it since my internal was filling up...so as to work off it instead of c drive.
I had an issue because I failed to "open a new folder" in the library folder panel to accept the import of the 2012-2013 material...
I copied my LR folder over to the external and got it to successfully link up to the imported 2012 material but had some issues so I used the remove option to remove the external and try later.I relinked my lr original folder back to LR so as to just work off it and c drive like all along.

my present issue is I am using the original c drive lr 3.6 catalog and my 2013 folders show up and are linked.....but everything in my collections are tied\linked to the external and show ? marks on everything that's in a collection (a bunch)......it asks me if I want to merge w\another catalog in order to relink it....i declined...is that what you do? merge with another catalog? in order to have everything linked back as before in your original longtime main catalog? ..or will that cause a horrible issue?
.......hey!!! I guess I could just rename the external hd LR catalog, breaking that link, and that would allow me to revert everything back to original on c and regroup....as there was a "synchronize" event that messed a lot of stuff up like lost keywords\edits .....just break the external link all together by renaming LR cat on external and everything should be linkable back to c anyway, everything is still there ..correct?....other than have to "add" any required 2012 folders as it all successfully relinked\moved to external hd and some of 2013 too.........what a mess

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back