Status
Not open for further replies.

dcopeman

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Hi
Just come unstuck...
My usual workflow is to import CR2 Raw from CF Card (via Firewire reader).
LR set up to Copy as DNG and archive DNG files onto a G Safe Raid 1 system.
As of today, all imports fail stating that "files did not import as they could not be read".
I tried different CF cards, readers, cameras, but same result.
I then tried to import/copy as DNG onto my desktop and it worked!
Went back to normal path (i.e. the G Safe) and it failed again.
Only seems to fail when I try to import to where I want files/all my other catalogued images are!
Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks....

Quite often "Cannot be Read" actually means "Cannot be Written", i.e. the problem possibly lies with your destination device. Have you checked the amount of free space on it? Has anything changed recently permissions-wise?

Quite often "Cannot be Read" actually means "Cannot be Written", i.e. the problem possibly lies with your destination device. Have you checked the amount of free space on it? Has anything changed recently permissions-wise?

Thanks Jim
Plenty of space on drive (1.8TB)
Permissions wise, LR has now stated re catalog on same drive "Lightroom cannot launch with this catalog. It is either on a network volume or on a volume on which Lightroom cannot save changes."
It has launched happily from this drive since I got it a month ago, but I
tried copying catalog to another internal drive and it opened.....
Problem is I want to keep both the catalog and the dng files on the RAID external drive.
Something's up!

Agreed! It sounds like you have a write permissions problem on that drive, but beyond that I'll have to defer to some of our Mac guys. Sorry I can't be of more help....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back