LR 3.3 freezes on import 30" nec 3090 at 2560 x 1600 res

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul2660

Ever since I upgraded to a Nec 3090, 30" monitor, I have problems with importing in LR 3.3 3.2 etc. This problem does not occur on LR 2.x or 1.x.

If I am running the monitor at 2560 x 1600, and I hit import. LR will freeze totally. I can't recover the system without a total power off. If I drop the res to 1900 x 1200 on the same monitor it works fine. The freeze is where LR3.3 would open the GUI drop down where on the older versions of LR you just get a windows dialog box.

I have noticed that if I minimize the LR window to less than 1/2 of the screen on import then it works at 2560 x 1600. However this is a pain.
Usually after I have finished importing, I can take the window back to full screen.

System is XP 32 bit, 8 Gb of ram. Video Nvidia GEforce 450.

Paul Caldwell

Welcome to the forums, Paul :)

I've never heard of symptoms like yours, all I can recommend is updating your video drivers and see if it helps.

Beat

Hi Paul, welcome to the forum!

I did hear of speed complaints at full 30", which I believe the team were aware of, so it could be related. Am I imagining, or did I see you reported this on the bug report forum too? If so, that was a really good move.

With help of Ian Lyons, I figured out the problem. The 3GB switch for XP. I use it most of the time on all my XP machines mainly for Photoshop. However it seems to have a conflict with Lightroom 3.x. If you boot up without the switch enabled, the import works fine. Still drags a bit, but completes at full screen and full res of 2560 x 1600

Thanks for posting back, Paul!

Beat

Excellent, I'm glad to hear that's solved it Paul, and thanks for letting us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back