• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

LR 2015.7 on iOS El Capitan: unexpected error opening lightroom catalog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanmari

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I have my master catalog on an external HD formatted NTFS for Mac and Windows since I work on both systems. This is the second time I have this error when opening the catalog from the external HD. I also had an error message saying something about "using Pictures folder instead". I have checked permission on folder containing master catalog, I can read and write. Please help!

MacOS X cannot write to NTFS formatted disks without special drivers, only read from them. That is why you get this error. You should either format the disk in ExFAT, or buy NTFS drivers (for example from Paragon).

Since I am a brand new member (living in Sweden) here, I´m not sure if my first contribution is written in the wrong thread or could be accepted...
Anyroad, here´s my problem:

Quite recently my Lightroom cc shows the following error message when I start the software. When I then click "Repair and Continue" the software behaves normally and operates satisfactory for the on-going session. However, after shutting down and opening Lightroom again, the same error message occurs again.

When I then click "Repair and Continue" the software behaves normally and operates satisfactory for the on-going session. However, after shutting down and opening Lightroom again, the same error message occurs again. and so on - always. Other that that - there is no problem, but it is annoying. I have translated the error message for you, since it is displayed for me in the Swedish language. I would sincerely appreciate any help from this Forum!! Very truly yours, Börje Norhager, Ostersund Sweden
Translated Lightroom_error msg.jpg
Translated Lightroom_error msg.jpg Translated Lightroom_error msg.jpg

Thanks a lot Victoria - I will try that procedure you are suggesting...
However, could my problems be caused by accepting the Adobe invitation to download a 30 days free version of "Adobe Experience design (Beta) " - without realizing the difficulties that might be associated with downloading any ”beta” software… and without knowing what kind of software "Adobe Experience design” is….I was just curious !
Best regards
/B

Possibly Börge, or any other kind of software that changes file permissions could do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back