LR 2.4 Sidebar in Web module cut off - not wide enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

XtremeCamera

I am running LR 2.4 on a MacPro with a 3'" display. No matter how I try to change the size of the window, or how many times I trash the plist prefs, whenever I go into the Web module the right side sidebar is about 15% narrower than should be, cutting enough some of the color picker boxes I need or some text field or whatever. It happens in ALL web galleries and templates to some degree, some worse than others.
Same software set up on my 17" MacBook Pro and I have no issues there, only on the Mac Pro with the 3'" display.

Has any seen this before? Any suggestions?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Are you saying that even after dragging the left edge of the right panel, the right panel reverts to a size too small to expose all the data?

Is Lightroom full screen or just a window on your 3'" monitor?

Yes, that is what I am saying. That window will widen, but it won't affect how much is seen at the right edge. I have used it full screen and as part of the screen, it doesn't make a difference. Like I said though, it doesn't happen on the MacBook Pro, just the MacPro and 3'" display.

Weird.

If you were on Windows, I'd have advised updating/verifying video drivers, etc. What Mac OS are you running?

Macs are supposed to be much less troublesome than Windows in this arena, but driver/OS update inconsistencies have not been unknown in the past. (And if there's a bug in the Video, Lr will find it :) )

I have a 3GHZ 8-core Dual processor Mac Pro, 16GB RAM, 4x1TB drives, and the ATI X19'' XT Graphics card. I also have twin 3'" displays and it will utilize both displays just like its supposed to, yet even with the other display showing a full screen photo that right sidebar on display one is still just a tad narrow.

I did just notice however, that is I look really closely at the Lightroom interface on display #1 I see some active "noise", noise that is not present on the second display. That noise also doesn't show up on any other Adobe software, I just tried with Photoshop to see if the active noise was there, and its not. So, since you mentioned it, I'm thinking this might be some kind of bug with LR 2.4.

I think I will install from the original disk, with is LR 2.1, and see what happens. I'll report back what I find. Thanks for the tip on the graphics card, might mean something.

[quote author=XtremeCamera link=topic=74'2.msg5'49'#msg5'49' date=1248974928]...I did just notice however, that is I look really closely at the Lightroom interface on display #1 I see some active "noise", noise that is not present on the second display. ... I'm thinking this might be some kind of bug with LR 2.4.[/quote]Or you may have a bad monitor or card. Have you tried swapping monitors to see if you lose the edge on the #2 monitor when it is #1 and again when it is LR primary?

I'm getting exactly the same problem but only in thrid part modules (such as SlideshowPro and TTS Highslide) I have a Macbook Pro (not running it through a 3'" screen though).

No matter how much you drag the left hand edge of the right hand panel to the left the right hand side remains anchored off screen and inaccessible. I've raised a ticket at Adobe.

[img width=211 height=6'']http://ourspaceonthenet.com/pickup/adobeBug_'1.jpg[/img]

Okay, firstly - thanks to John B who suggested I contact slideshowpro people on this!

Transpires this an OSX issue but there's a simple fix which I tried and confirm works :)

The OS X version of Lightroom (the app itself) has a bug with rendering panels that causes interior content to sometimes overextend the width of the column. It doesn't happen all the time, but it will happen from time to time.
To fix the issue, hover over the vertical divider between the work area and the panels, click, hold, and expand the panels all the way to the left until you stop. Then quit/relaunch Lightroom. The panel content should reset and be back in view.

Excellent! I can CONFIRM that the solution aboves WORKS. Thank you thank you! You have no idea how this was bugging me and preventing me from working on the larger monitor.

Hopefully Adobe will address this is a point upgrade soon!

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back