• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lr 2.1 out later today (Wednesday 22/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rockshead

Tom Hogarty of Adobe has indicated Lr 2.1 will become available later today.

Hi,

I thought you would like to know that Adobe has released updates to
Photoshop Lightroom and the Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in, both available
immediately as free upgrades for Lightroom 2 and Photoshop CS4 users.
The releases provide added raw file support for 15 digital cameras
including the Nikon D9', Nikon D7'', Canon EOS 5'D and Canon EOS 1'''D.
The Lightroom 2.1 update also includes improvements to Photoshop
integration, Web module stability for Microsoft Windows Vista 64-bit
operating systems, performance with 64-bit Mac OS X 1'.5 Macintosh
computers, and Keyword migration from Lightroom. A complete list of
improvements is available in the Lightroom update documentation.

In addition, Adobe has released a new set of camera profiles available
on Adobe Labs. The camera profiles are targeted at improving Adobe's
default raw processing and emulating the color rendering provided by
camera manufacturers. The update includes added support for the Leica
M8, Canon EOS 5'D, Canon G9, Nikon D9' and Pentax models. Camera
profiles are the visual starting point for the raw processing workflow.
Since image preferences vary by photographer, Adobe minimizes surprises
by supplying default camera profiles that closely emulate the visual
looks that photographers normally see from their cameras.

The 15 new digital cameras supported in Lightroom 2.1 and Camera Raw 5.1
include the Canon EOS 1'''D, Canon EOS 5'D, Fuji FinePix IS Pro, Kodak
EasyShare Z1'15 IS, Leaf AFi II 6, Leaf AFi II 7, Leaf Aptus II 6, Leaf
Aptus II 7, Nikon D7'', Nikon D9', Nikon Coolpix P6''', Olympus SP-565
UZ, Pentax K2''', Sigma DP1, and Sony A9''. Additionally, Adobe recently
released Camera Raw 4.6, which includes the same raw file support for
Photoshop CS3 customers.

Pricing and Availability

The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2.1 is available as a free download for
existing customers at www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/.Photoshop
Lightroom 2 can be purchased through the Adobe Store at
www.adobe.com/store.The estimated street price is USD$299 for new users
with an upgrade price of USD$99 for registered users of qualifying
Lightroom customers. The updated camera profiles are available as a
separate download on Adobe Labs at http://labs.adobe.com. The Photoshop
Camera Raw plug-ins are available as free downloads for existing
customers. Camera Raw 5.1 for Photoshop CS4 users and Camera Raw for
Photoshop CS3 users are available at www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Ginny Sidell
A&R Edelman on behalf of Adobe

Ginny Sidell | A&R Edelman | 65'.762.2964 | [email protected]

Does anybody have the link to download the final version of 2.1? And, how does it install if you have 2.1RC on your machine?

--Ken

<just got this...>

Hi,

I wanted to update you that the Photoshop Lightroom 2.1 and Photoshop
Camera Raw 5.1 updates will be available for download starting tonight
at 9:'1 p.m. PT for Lightroom 2 and Photoshop CS4 users. We apologize
for any inconvenience this may have caused.

The Photoshop Lightroom 2.1 and Photoshop Camera Raw 5.1 updates will be
available for download at www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/.

Thanks,
Ginny Sidell
A&R Edelman on behalf of Adobe

Not available for another 11 hours and 4' some minutes from this posting!

Don

Thanks Denis,

Got mine.

:D

I have now installed 2.1 over 2.1RC, but had a couple of questions.

First, does LR have the abiity to update what version of ACR it uses? I know the credits show 4.6, but 5.1 was also released today. I will be using DNG Converter 5.1 with ImageIngester Pro, but did not know if LR can just update its ACR component. I do not believe so, but you never know.

Second, are the most current Camera Calibration Profiles Beta 1 (with the exception of ACR 4.3 and 4.4)? I thought there may have been more current profiles, but was not certain if they automatically update with 2.1. Also, should I have more ACR profiles like 4.5 or 4.6?

I have been feeling a bit of information overload these past few days, and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

--Ken

First, does LR have the abiity to update what version of ACR it uses? I know the credits show 4.6, but 5.1 was also released today. I will be using DNG Converter 5.1 with ImageIngester Pro, but did not know if LR can just update its ACR component. I do not believe so, but you never know.
No, when ACR is updated a new release of LR is made in total. I think 5.1 is under the hood and it is a splash screen error perhaps

Second, are the most current Camera Calibration Profiles Beta 1 (with the exception of ACR 4.3 and 4.4)? I thought there may have been more current profiles, but was not certain if they automatically update with 2.1. Also, should I have more ACR profiles like 4.5 or 4.6?
Yes the version 1 are the current. They may be updated soon though. They won't update automatically at this stage. You won't see 4.5 'r 4.6 profiles unless you have cameras that were added with those releases.

I have been feeling a bit of information overload these past few days, and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

--Ken

Take it easy and ENJOY LR !!!:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I saw that they discuss this point in the "ReadMe" file that you get at install time... Go back as to reinstall and click the "ReadMe" rather than the "LR Package".

Camera Profiles beta 2

Just to let you all know that they have updated the camera profiles Beta 2 is available here. http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/DNG_Profiles
I downloaded the beta 2 profiles, clicked on the executable, and they were automatically installed (ie, they now show up in Lr along with the beta 1 profiles).

Should I somehow uninstall the beta 1 profiles?

Is there a global replace option to replace, say, Landscape beta 1 with the newer Landscape beta 2 for photos that have already been processed? I couldn't find one...

Thanks!

Good links and answers, everybody. I was not so much stressed out, as I was feeling overwhelmed at the amount of information that has been flowing at us recently. Its great that Adobe is working hard and fast to improve LR. I just wish that I didn't have to spend so much of my time updating and learning all of these new features. Perhaps a I should take a LR holiday down under with Geoff and the sheep? :'

--Ken

Good links and answers, everybody. I was not so much stressed out, as I was feeling overwhelmed at the amount of information that has been flowing at us recently. Its great that Adobe is working hard and fast to improve LR. I just wish that I didn't have to spend so much of my time updating and learning all of these new features. Perhaps a I should take a LR holiday down under with Geoff and the sheep? :'

--Ken

You would be more than welcome - there are a few sheep waiting patiently!! And plenty of photo opportunities - I'm off to photograph a country school pet day today.......:lol::lol:

eror in update

Hi,

Installer tells me: "ptsetup.exe is not marked to be installed", and that is where the installation of LR2.1 (over 2.1rc) dies.

Anybody any hint?

Hi,

Installer tells me: "ptsetup.exe is not marked to be installed", and that is where the installation of LR2.1 (over 2.1rc) dies.

Anybody any hint?
I can't but hopefully one of the PC users will be along soon !!

Just downloaded the 2.1 update. I currently have the 2.1 RC loaded. I run the installer, it loads and completes. But when I launch it it still shows on the splash panel that it's stillthe 2.1 RC version - any thoughts?

Welcome to our Forum, Nigel. What build number does the splash show? if it is 5122'5, it is LR2.1 not RC which was 5111'7.

Don

I used Windows Control Panel > 'Add/Remove Programs' > to remove the LR2.1RC application first, and didn't experience any problems.

Have you tried removing the 2.1RC version? (It won't impact your existing catalogs, etc.)

Have you tried rebooting the machine? Re-downloading the installer?
Make sure LR is closed when installing?

The installation package should have de-compressed (unzipped) to an 'Adobe' folder on the Desktop(by default), you can restart the installation from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back