• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The August 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic includes advanced GPU support, batch HDR/pano merge and more. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has deleted photos on the desktop/mobile apps, as well as video support and batch metadata editing on Android. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Book module Lost saved book in book module

kikapoo

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
person 7.3.1 CC Classic
Operating System
macOS 10.13 High Sierra
I have been working on a book in the Book Module for quite awhile. I saved it as "Saved Book" and usually when I open the book module, it opens up with all the edits and changes. Today for some reason it opens with all the photos, each on its own page, with all the edits gone. I have not been able to find the saved version.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Sounds like you switched to the book module while you had some images selected that are not part of the book. So Lightroom thought you wanted to make an new book. The saved book should be in your Collections panel on the left. Click on it to get to the book you were working on.

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
"The saved book should be in your Collections panel on the left. Click on it to get to the book you were working on."
Agree- correct answer!
To add a little detail-
A Single-click opens the 'Saved Book' Collection photos in Grid View,
A Double-click opens the 'Saved Book' Collection in the Book Module in 'design' view, (or a single-click on the white arrow that appears when mouse cursor is hovered over the Book Collection name.)

kikapoo

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Thanks, All
After panicking for about 24 hours (prior to reading these notes), I finally found the saved book at the bottom of the collections panel. Thanks for the information!