• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lost Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbpboca-mac

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroome Classic 9.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
My preview folder shows there are previews but when I am in the print module, no preview appears for the selected image, making it impossible to print.

Hi and welcome!

Although you may have previews, are they built for the photo(s) you have selected? Try building previews first then see what shows (Library > Previews > Build Standard Previews)

Thank you. When I try to open preview file I get the error message below; however, the Previews.lrdata shows 874.7MB
Image.png

That's expected - the previews file is used by Lightroom, you don't open it with an application. It holds the previews that Lightroom has generated. Lr uses it to use to display the photo(s)

Thank you. I may not be doing it correctly but I followed the directions for resetting preferences but it did not help.

Thank you. When I try to open preview file I get the error message below; however, the Previews.lrdata shows 874.7MBView attachment 13817

This has nothing to do with your print problem. “Previews.lrdata” is a special folder that contains your previews. On a Mac, you right click to show contents. But the way the folder/package is structured, you will be unlikely to find the Previews associated with the image you want

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hope this works and its not too small. SO far everything else has been rejected as too large

Attachments

• Image 3.jpg
    Image 3.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 161
That is what I thought. You do not have a problem at all (and apparently you didn't try to print, you just assumed you couldn't). The preview in the upper left corner is not supposed to show the image. It only shows you the template itself, without any images. In other modules it shows you the image so you can zoom in on the main screen and use the preview to see where you are, but in the Print module you cannot zoom in anyway, so the preview is used to show the template.

That is what I thought. You do not have a problem at all (and apparently you didn't try to print, you just assumed you couldn't). The preview in the upper left corner is not supposed to show the image. It only shows you the template itself, without any images. In other modules it shows you the image so you can zoom in on the main screen and use the preview to see where you are, but in the Print module you cannot zoom in anyway, so the preview is used to show the template.
Right you are. Ididn't try because in the past if an image didn't show up in the preview, it wouldn't print. Thank you

Oops, spoke too soon. I so wanted you to be correct, I exported rather tried to print. This is what I get when I click print to file

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 176
And that is perfectly normal too. You need to fill in a name for the exported file(s) at the top of the dialog. Lightroom will create a folder with that name and the exported files are in that folder. Perhaps it's an idea to get Victoria's book about how Lightroom works?

Image.jpg

And that is perfectly normal too. You need to fill in a name for the exported file(s) at the top of the dialog. Lightroom will create a folder with that name and the exported files are in that folder. Perhaps it's an idea to get Victoria's book about how Lightroom works?

View attachment 13834
I've done tis many times and it has directly to the file. I've never had to select a file. But I'll give it a try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back