• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Library module Lost Panorama

Status
Not open for further replies.

martha2

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 7.4 [ 1176617]
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
This is undoubtedly a stupid question and the answer should be obvious to me -- but it isn't. I have created several panoramas of a lovely, long flower garden. I select merge, the projection that I want and everything seems to work. But, where does the merged image go? I would like to do some "fine tuning" in the develop module -- but I cannot find the pano. I hope someone can help me with this. I have never created one of these before.

It should automatically appear in LR in the same location as the original files and be added to the catalog automatically. It will be a .DNG file type, so if you have the view filtered by file type it may not show up.

Wait - just to confirm. Are you using LR's own merge to panorama feature or are you selecting "Merge to Panorama in Photoshop" so send the file to PS?

The Pano (if created in Lightroom) will be named the same as one of the original photos, with an added "-Edit" or "-Pano".
Also the Sort Order of the Library Grid will influence where the preview appears- (With Filters off as mentioned by Dan above)
Sort= Filename: will put the file beside the originals.
Sort= Added Order: will place the pano at the very end of the previews. And if you are viewing "All Photographs" it will be at the very bottom of all previews.

And also, be sure you are looking in the actual folder, not in the collection called "previous import". I have done the latter when I am in a hurry to see what it might look like.

I am using Lightroom's own merge to panorama. And -- I did find one of them! but I had done several to see which one I liked best and so far I have only found the one.
OH -- but yes, I was looking in "previous import" and this is a collection. I went back and did find all of them in the actual library folder! Thanks for all the help with this!

Thanks, I-See-Light.

That solved my problem too. Since my photos were sorted by Capture Date, I had to go to the end of the catalog to find my Panorama. BTW, HDRs will appear in the same place as your panos (which is dependent on your sort order).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back