• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Print module Lost Native Resolution Info in Print

Gordon McIntosh

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Operating System: Windows 10 Creator 1709
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): Lightroom 6.0 1014445 Perpetual

I just got a new Dell XPS 8930 with and i7 8700 processor, 16gb Ram, 512 SSD & 2TB hard drive with an Nvidia 1060 Graphics card. I installed my Lightroom 6 (that ran perfectly on my old Asus machine with 8gb of Ram) & all seems to be fine after indentifying all of my 17000 pictures, copying of my presets etc.

Today I went to print my first photos on my Canon P-100 printer and that went pretty well also. However I do note a problem that I did not have on my old system which is in the Print Module. Previously (old machine) if I toggled off the print resolution button or in fact did not turn it on, I used to see the size & dpi info on the photo I was going to print. It is now gone and I would like to know if that is because of something I did wrong or if it is a "feature" of Creator 1709. I have gone through all my settings on my old machine & compared them to the new one and they are all identical except for the Native Resolution info.

Any help for this newby to the forums would be greatly appreciated.

Gordon McIntosh

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Nope but thanks. That gives printer info, not anything related to resolutions which should be controlled by the "resolution" toggle button.

Gnits

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
1. Make sure you have the correct "View" options selected.
2. Especially make sure Photo Cells / Dimensions is selected.

Then toggle the Print Resolution option.

I resize and sharpen to 360 ppi in Ps for any serious prints. I always print from Lr and always double check that the PPI appears as 360 ppi. If any other number appears I know there is something wrong with my processing or set up.

upload_2018-1-22_12-1-34.png

upload_2018-1-22_12-1-44.png

upload_2018-1-22_12-1-53.png

Gordon McIntosh

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
You are a wizard! I looked there, but since there was no check mark or box beside the word "guides" I guess I didn't think I had any options. Same when I checked my old machine, but I guess at some point along the road I must have ticked the "dimension" box on it. Like you, I find that information very useful when getting ready to print.

I am one very happy camper now, thanks a lot!

happycranker

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
BTW I think you will find that Canon printers have a native resolution of 300 ppi and Epson are 360 ppi

Gnits

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
That little feature, to me, is the most critical control in my printing workflow. I used to get frustrated when this info disappeared. So I know how useful it might be to others.

Gnits

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
I use Epson printers so 360 ppi (or multiples thereof) is my target ppi.