• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lost images on LR 6 CC version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
My last thread ended with this, which I haven't had a response to, and am unsure whether it is connected with my problem the subject of this thread:
sorry about this, but now that I have re-imports most of my catalog I find I have a swag of these (please see attached file).
Not sure if this is a pointer but I also now 65,500 images whereas I previously had about 55,000. Not sure how many of these new things, but there are a lot.
Can I "unlock" them somehow?
or
Can I sort them into a selection based on the exclamation mark and delete them?
Thank you again, Brian

Attached Files:

• a" style="margin: 0px; padding: 10px 10px 0px; overflow: hidden; zoom: 1; border-radius: 5px; background: url("styles/default/xenforo/gradients/category-23px-light.png") 50% 0% repeat-x rgb(240, 247, 252);">

• Screen shot LR re-import.jpg
    File size:
    280.9 KB
    Views:

NOW, I'm finding not only the black exclamation marks as in the above attachment but also a large number of blanks, no exclamations or anything else. See attachment please. Any help really appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen shot blanks.jpg
    Screen shot blanks.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 449
Last edited by a moderator:
For reference, here's the link to the last thread: CAnnot open my LR catalog.

Those exclamation marks in triangles are files Lightroom thinks are corrupted. Try opening one of those photos in Loupe and in Develop and it'll probably say they're corrupted. You'll want to restore those photos from backups and hope that your backups aren't also corrupted. If they are, the photos are lost and you might as well delete them from your catalog and hard drive.

For the grey blanks in your second screenshot, it looks like Lightroom simply hasn't been able to build previews yet. Select them all and go to Library menu > Previews > Render Standard Sized Previews.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help. In the end I remained stuck, have imported from backups as many as possible, but lost heaps.
thanks again.

Sorry to hear that Brian!

sound a bugga Brain; I hope it's not to much of a drama for you
And Victoria; what would likely corrupt the files?

Thanks for your commiserations Ian. Hope Victoria picks this up, be interested to learn if there are any clues on corruption causes too.
Brian

Corruption usually happens during file transfer, either from card to hard drive, or from hard drive to hard drive. That's why I always use software with byte-for-byte verification to check photos move safely when moving between hard drives.

Chronosync for me Oogie.

That's why I always use software with byte-for-byte verification to check photos move safely when moving between hard drives.

some thing else new to me :(
Thank you Victoria, I will into that one ....... after I have the corupation dramas :rolleyes:

Or Vice Versa is another one to consider on Windows.

Thanks for all that. I'll to learn how that works, but sounds like a must. though it seems my corruption occurred when trying to re-import from hard drive. Guess that's same thing really. So its Syncback pro or Vice versa for pc/windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back