Lost files

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry12953

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
When I was creating a slide show last year, I think I must have somehow lost some files.

Looking for some of the files again now some are marked "The folder could not be found".

it appears that the missing files are all copies - I'm not sure if that's relevant.

I went to my file back-up and re-imported one of the missing files. However i could not move it into its original folder because, although I can't see it, it is already in there!

I'm confused and frustrated about this; could someone help, please?

Lightroom shows the missing folder question mark if the folder is no longer at the location Lightroom expects it. Re-importing the images is not the way to solve this, because Lightroom still has the images in its database. It just doesn't know where they are. So if you deleted that folder and you have backup, then just copy the backup to the exact same location as where Lightroom expects it. That should be all. No need to reimport anything.

It felt like I was groping around in the dark, but I think that's sorted it. Fingers Crossed!

Rather than search for individual files, I searched for the entire talk and brought that back to the desktop, where LR thought it was. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back