• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Looking for the import dialog box

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabortugs

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom version: 3.2.1 [ 20200403-1047-0e59df2 ] (Apr 3 2020)
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi everyone, I am new to Lightroom and already have a question. I am a PC user and a photographer who also captures time lapse sequences. I bought a program called LRTimelapse to help with the workflow. I added a sequence to LRTimelapse and ran it through. Now is the time where I bring the sequence into Lightroom. A box in their program asks me to make sure the add-option is selected in Lightroom's import dialog. I can't find it anywhere. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum there are two Lightroom apps. The one called Lightroom Classic is the one with the Import dialog . The version that you have listed stores the master copy of the image in the cloud so there is no ADD option like in Classic.

I don't know LightroomTimeLapse, but I suspect it is a plugin that only works with Lightroom Classic not Lightroom Cloudy (v3.2.1). if you are just starting out, if your subscription includes Lightroom Classic then you can install that app instead of Lightroom cloudy.

Now is the time where I bring the sequence into Lightroom. A box in their program asks me to make sure the add-option is selected in Lightroom's import dialog. I can't find it anywhere.
Yes, you must be in Lightroom Classic to integrate with LRTimelapse. In Lightroom Classic, the Add button is the last one in the middle group of four import options across the top. If you see a much larger Import dialog box, that’s because it’s been expanded using the button at the bottom left corner, but the four options are still centered across the top.

Lightroom-Classic-Import-dialog-box.jpg

Using the Add button is correct if you have not yet imported the sequence images into Lightroom Classic. I use a slightly different LRTimelapse workflow in that I tend to import/catalog the images in Lightroom Classic first, before processing them in LRTimelapse. So instead, after LRTimelapse has processed the image metadata, I switch back into Lightroom Classic and have it update the metadata sidecar files that LRTimelapse modified. Either way is fine.

Don’t be surprised if you have more questions. Learning both Lightroom Classic and LRTimelapse can be a challenge if new to both, because both applications require mastering a range of concepts and skills. For example, it’s critical to stay on top of whether the images currently need to have metadata written out (for pickup by LRTimelapse) or read back in (to pick up LRTimelapse edits). But there are a few LRTimelapse users here, so if necessary, keep asking questions. When the questions are about LRTimelapse specifically though, the LRTimelapse forum is also a great source of help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back