• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Looking for someone to create an automated plug-in / script to export photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcschlotz

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Classic 8.2
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Scenario:
I currently have 32 smart collections.
  • For each one I manually select all the photos
  • go the Export,
  • select the same export preset and populate the 'Put in Subfolder' section with the smart collection name
  • hit Export
  • if there are existing files, I select Skip

I'm looking for someone to write an automation that when executed, each of the 32 smart collections will be exported per the above sequence. Ideally I should be able to input and/or edit the smart collections names in the script which it will retain for future use.

Anybody know of someone willing to do this?

Matt

I'd just use Publish Services for that. Set them up once and then just hit the publish button whenever changes have been made in any of the smart collections.

I'd just use Publish Services for that. Set them up once and then just hit the publish button whenever changes have been made in any of the smart collections.
Thanks for the idea. Thought it might work but it ran into problems. There seems to be two issues with this approach. The biggest of which is if you create a set with the smart folders they ALL will only get published to one location - no way to change it from what I can see. Each smart folder must be published to its own separate location. To get around that limitation you could create multiple Hard Drive services (one for each smart collection) but there is no way I can detect to tell them all to publish with one button. Instead you have to go through and click on publish in each one of them which puts me back into another manual process having to do many clicks to get all 32 smart folders done.

Still looking for someone interested in creating an automated script.

BINGO... good old Jeffery Friedl has the solution with his Folder Publisher Plug-in. Takes some configuration but it does exactly what I was searching for.

Well, I was just about to suggest Jeffrey's Collection Publisher plug-in, which may be even better (as you'd only need to "export" changed/new images, and you can control what constitutes a change). I think, once setup correctly, a single click will publish all the smart collections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back