Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version
LR 6.14
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I am happy with my LR 6.14 used with a single catalog on my computer only, and all my photos are stored on the same machine within folders. But there are two questions I would like to get answers for:
  1. Over the years I have collected in total 49 backup catalogs - never deleted one. Some of them are stored day by day. Which ones can/should I delete without any danger to lose my data?
  2. If I try to import a number of RAW photos - new and older ones - the system indicates some of them as "already part of the catalog". OK, that should be true. But so I am unable to rework these older photos. I have to find them out from the catalogue containing a few thousands. How can I bring those into my dashboard if I know the number Pxxxx e. g.?
You can see my giant LR folder hierarchy in the attachment.

Attachments

• LR 6.14 - my folders.pdf
    313.8 KB · Views: 6
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
You can delete any backup without losing data. Just keep a few, so that you do have a backup if something goes wrong.

Klaus

Klaus
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
6.x
Thanks a lot for expressing this "guarantee". I already understood the handbook in the same sense, but I felt unsafe.
By the way, my second question can be treated as solved: I "found" the register under "library" in a line just above the central field.