• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • 21 February 2024 It's Lightroom update time again! See What’s New in Lightroom Classic 13.2, Mobile & Desktop (February 2024)? for all the update news. It's mainly new cameras, new lenses and loads of bug fixes in this release.

Library module Locating pictures NOT in a collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

pn1

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I am working on my Lightroom Classic catalog(ue) of more than 150,000 pictures and am happy with what I've done so far. The assistance of the Lightroom Queen website and publications has been inval;uable.

Right now, I am looking for a quick and simple way of identifying which pictures are NOT in a collection. I could be looking, for instance, at all pictures taken on a certain day or at a particular location.

Say, for instance, I have about 500 pictures selection. I know some are already in collections (that I've done ad hoc along the way) but many are not.

I simply want to be able to isolate those pictures that are NOT assigned to a collection.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Paul in Australia

Alternatively, you could select all photos in Collections, then with them selected click on All Photos and Edit - Invert Selection - that will give you all photos not in a Collection (you could just click B and put them in the Quick Collection to then sort through)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back