"Loading" indicator in Develop: Change in Behaviour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Was just starting to setup a test of the new DNG options, when I noticed that in Develop there seems to be a change in the behaviour of the "Loading" indicator.

In LR3, just moving image to image (25mb+ Raws) I would typically see sliders released sub-second, but "Loading" (when I have it on) would typically stay on for anything from 2 to 4 seconds.

However, just now when doing the same action in LR4B, I noticed that the "Loading" indicator was more or less in sync with the sliders being released, in other words it turned off in fractions of a second, often just before the sliders lit up.

So I guess I'm wondering if LR4B is actually faster to load images in develop, or is it just a change to the Loading indicator which gives the appearance of being faster? One thing is for sure....it's going to make it impossible to test the DNG Fast Load Data option on my desktop (think Hal's already hit this)....will have to move to my antiquated laptop to check it out.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Jim,

Good catch. I'll be interested to hear your results. I don't have a slow machine that isn't running XP. :(

Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.