• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

List View plugin problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave M

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
Classic 10.2
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Is anyone using the '"jb List View" plugin who might help ? I have installed & registered it for use with Lr Classic / W10 Pro & on opening, it works as expected. However, I have a problem with renaming the columns. I can change them and initially they work ok but after back up & closing Lr, when I restart, the names have gone back to factory settings. Is this how it's supposed to work or have I missed something ? I emailed the author last weekend with my query but so far without a reply.

1 answer

Comment

I seem to remember having the same issue. I think you have to save and name your presets and then they are available for later use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@johnbeardy you’re the expert!
Never heard of it ;)

Seriously, the columns are saved in LR's preferences which are only saved when you exit LR. I'd suggest changing a few columns, and then immediately restarting LR to see if that clears the problem.

@ John - have you scrubbed the idea of Excel to LR? I've seen your comments re v1.84 but it looks like it's been deleted.

Yes, because it proved too unreliable, and too difficult to bolt into this plugin. I may do something with a completely new plugin and would probably then offer a discount to recent ListView purchasers.

Yes, because it proved too unreliable, and too difficult to bolt into this plugin. I may do something with a completely new plugin and would probably then offer a discount to recent ListView purchasers.
OK thanks - I'd certainly go for it

I can at least show you what I've been brewing - see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3qtPxzgmGw

J
I can at least show you what I've been brewing - see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3qtPxzgmGw
Can't wait. Need any beta-testers? ;)

Just wondering if this new software will allow import or export of custom metadata fields?

Phil Burton

No. Remember the rule, Phil, that one plugin cannot change another plugin's custom fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back