• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

List of images for copyright registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Califdan

Lightroom Guru
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version 8.3
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I went in to register my 2019 images with the copyright office as I have done each of the last several years. And, once again, they have changed things. In the past one just uploaded one or more zip files containing small JPG versions of the images. Creating these to be zipped folders was easy in LR/Classic through the use of collections or keywords.

But, there is a new wrinkle since last year. It seems that now one must provide an Excel file that contains a numbered list of the submitted files. The columns for each images are
  • Sequential number
  • File name
  • Title of the image
  • Date of first publication
After several hours in Google, I was able to get a list of file names from a folder into an Excel file using a command shell "dir" command. But can't find out how to include the "title" and "Capture date" fields which I can see in File Manager in the output file. So, if someone can share that info I think it will work.

My 2nd thought is to somehow get this info out of LR as it is all safely there in the catalog. So, does anyone know how get a list of selected images into a Txt or CSV or XLSX file out of LR? Perhaps one of John's or Jfriedl's plug ins or if that comes up dry maybe even a SQL Light query of some sort)? What I need is Capture date (which I'll use for date of first publication, file name and title.

Thanks -- Dan

Seems to be Mac only. Any equivalent for Windows?

Since you are comfortable with command line work, check out EXIFTOOL.org

Several plugins: Listview, LR/Transporter, Any Filter (the Sort Command). The plugins have many other features.

John,
Thanks. I had on older version of Any Filter which didn't have the SORT option. Have now upgraded to latest and works great. Thanks for the tip

Our own John Beardsworth has just what you need as a LR Plugin.
List View

Clee: Thanks, will have to check out "List View"

Paul: Thanks, I'm sort of OK on some command line tools (I do recall a very few things from DOS) and can cobble together an SQL query if my life depends on it. I've looked at EXIFTOOL a couple of times but didn't get to the point of needing to invest the time to figure it out. Thanks for the tip though.

Dan

John,
Thanks. I had on older version of Any Filter which didn't have the SORT option. Have now upgraded to latest and works great. Thanks for the tip

Clee: Thanks, will have to check out "List View"

Paul: Thanks, I'm sort of OK on some command line tools (I do recall a very few things from DOS) and can cobble together an SQL query if my life depends on it. I've looked at EXIFTOOL a couple of times but didn't get to the point of needing to invest the time to figure it out. Thanks for the tip though.

Dan
Dan,

I go back to the days of DOS and CP/M, but I don't miss those days. There is a very useful utility that is a great GUI for exiftool. I have used it a lot to change or add date metadata. ExifToolGUI. Works fine under Windows 10 Pro 64.

Also +1 to John Beardsworth's Listview.

Phil Burton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back