john3142

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 2021
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I saw a video where the presenter dragged a thumbnail from LR to PS and it opened in PS as smart object. He did this by dragging down on the top border of the LR workspace revealing PS underneath. He then clicked on the image in LR, dragged to PS, let go and voila it was there as a smart object. He then went on to show holding the alt key while doing the same thing opened the image in PS as a linked file so future changes in LR would be reflected in PS. I cannot get this to work. I can't drag the top edge of the LR workspace to reveal PS. So I tried minimizing LR to reveal PS. This did not work. Clicking on the thumbnail in LR and dragging looked like it would work as a small thumbnail appeared next to the cursor but when the cursor was moved to PS, the thumbnail disappeared and the circle with diagonal appeared meaning not allowed. He was using a Mac but the fact that he referenced the "alt" key implies it should work in windows. I know I can do a "file>place" to put a linked photo in PS but that's not as fast as dragging from LR to PS. Anybody have any help.?

Because Adobe have failed to implement drag and drop in LR on Windows, this is only possible with LR on Mac. Sorry.

You could probably do a Ctrl R in LR and then drag and drop from Explorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back