• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Linear (non-standard) profile in L R Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnSchwaller

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Version Number
LRC 10.4
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have been, successfully, trying out linear profiles in LRC. They are very helpful for certain images. The problem is, when the image is posted to LR Mobile.

First, while reviewing the images, I get a pop up message that editing in Mobile will lose settings as it is not a standard profile. That would be ok, as I was just using LRM to display the images. The problem is, the image is not rendered as it was with the original linear profile…it is much brighter and washed out as if another profile (tone curve) had been used.

I had a mix of ‘Adobe Neutral’ and linear profile images. The ‘AN’ images rendered as shown on LRC, the linear were washed out.

Is this a bug or ‘as designed’?

Solution
Neither. You will have to make sure that the profile is also available to cloud apps, because Lightroom Classic does not sync profiles. You can use Lightroom desktop for this. Install it and import your profile(s) into it. They are then be synced to the cloud, so Lightroom mobile will have them too.
Neither. You will have to make sure that the profile is also available to cloud apps, because Lightroom Classic does not sync profiles. You can use Lightroom desktop for this. Install it and import your profile(s) into it. They are then be synced to the cloud, so Lightroom mobile will have them too.

Solution
I just loaded the profiles and did an initial test. Mobile now showed the linear profile, but the image had washed out (lighter toned) areas. i Went into profiles, switch to another profile, then back to ’linear’. This ‘fixed’ the image.

I have tried this a few times, plus looked at on browser. Rendering of image is not using the custom profile. I can get it to work on mobile app (by flipping profiles), but that does not help on browser, specifically if sending link to someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back