• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Library module Lights out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Jarvis

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Operating System: Win 10 64 PRO
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): 7.0.1

In previous versions pressing the "L" key would dim the lights including the image frame.

Since updating to version 7, there is a grey box around each image instead of black when the lights are dimmed.

How can I dim everything except the actual images when in Grid view.

Thank you, Ad Astra, there does appear to be a bug as I am not the only person with the issue.

Kind regards
Peter

Adobe are aware of the problem, and I'd expect to see it fixed in the next update.

I have Classic 7.0.1 and have the same problem (Windows 10). I must admit that until reading this thread, I never thought of using Lights Out for the Grid - I have only used it for Loupe View. But now that I see how it could look, I'd love to be able to use it for Grid AND Survey Views. For me, in Survey View, I get grey around the images just like in Grid view.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the Win10 Creator's update? I've never heard of it.

Thanks!

I have the same problem.

I do *NOT* have Windows 10 Creator's Update installed.

I also see the same problem in Survey Mode. (This is more annoying to me - it was nice to be able to select a small number of images and present them on a pure black background in Survey Mode with Lights Out, but it doesn't work now.)

The latest version of Windows 10, currently being progressively rolled out to users.
The Creators Update was rolled in the spring. it's the Fall Creators Update that is being progressively rolled out right now.

Phil Burton

I have Classic 7.0.1 and have the same problem (Windows 10). I must admit that until reading this thread, I never thought of using Lights Out for the Grid - I have only used it for Loupe View. But now that I see how it could look, I'd love to be able to use it for Grid AND Survey Views. For me, in Survey View, I get grey around the images just like in Grid view.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the Win10 Creator's update? I've never heard of it.

Thanks!

It is a great tool for looking for inconsistencies between images such as colour, saturation, luminance levels and so on. It used to have a white border around each image which was really annoying but now that some users are unable to dim the lights using the Grid mode for finished images is basically useless. Hopefully Adobe will find a solution soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back