• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The August 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic includes advanced GPU support, batch HDR/pano merge and more. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has deleted photos on the desktop/mobile apps, as well as video support and batch metadata editing on Android. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Lightroom_Fatal_SQLite_Corruption

banksiagirl

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
When attempting to open my LR catalog I get this message
Lr_2017.lrcat:Error database disk image is malformed: SQL: SELECT * FROM Adobe_variablesTable.

I have a recent backup which i restored by copying my backup and renaming it to another drive. When I clicked on the catalog it opened.

When I try to access the LR program normally this message comes up again. Oh dear! I have Googled it - way to complicated! Im running win 10 64 bit.
Any help gratefully received !

upload_2017-2-23_16-42-43.png

Lightroom Experience
Power User
OK, at least you have a recent backup which you can open. If all else fails - and it might - you would be able to use that from now on. So open that catalogue, go into Preferences, and on the Presets tab - what's the setting for Store Presets with... ? Then click the Show Lightroom Presets Folder and leave this Explorer window open.

Exit Lightroom, and go back to that Explorer window. Copy the Preferences folder and keep it safe as a backup. Now empty the presets folder. My theory is that something recorded in the preferences is causing the trouble, so we're forcing Lr to open without any existing preferences. The other idea is it might be disk space - so check if any of your drives is almost full.

Double click the Lr_2017.lrcat file mentioned in the dialog box. What happens?

John

banksiagirl

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Thanks for the quick reply John. The store presets box is not checked.

After clearing the preferences lightroom opened up as a new catalog. When I navigated to the 2017 copy it spat the dummy again. It makes a .lock file if that's relevant.
I now can't get the most recent backup to open at all. (I have a safe copy) message from LR saying LR not working.

My SSD c drive was almost full and a message came up saying my drive was nearly full ... "did I want to get rid of old copies of Windows" ...I did that and it cleared half the drive. That was last Wednesday and it was ok Thurs and Friday. On Sunday evening it loaded ok but was slow then it crashed. When I attempted to open it the fatal error message came up.

The machine is having issues anyway, I had someone work on it last month but I was at the point of reloading the lot

I just copied a backup from Feb 11th and that won't open at all.
Message ..LR stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working properly. WIndows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I'm just going to try it on my laptop

Lightroom Experience
Power User
"After clearing the preferences lightroom opened up as a new catalog. When I navigated to the 2017 cop...."

That's what it should do if you just open Lightroom, but it's not what I asked you to do - I said "Double click the Lr_2017.lrcat file mentioned in the dialog box". But by navigating to the 2017 copy and getting the problem again, it's clear that the problem isn't in preferences (it's more a cure-all on Mac). So I agree the right way forward is to restore your recent backup Lr_2017.lrcat to the laptop, and test it there. That should confirm it's not a problem with the catalogue, and it's more likely to be a problem with the installation on your main computer. Reinstall Lightroom? Have you got the latest versions of Lr on both computers?

banksiagirl

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I have the latest version on both computers. I'm going to sleep on it, and try in in the morning. Thanks again

banksiagirl

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I think it's all good now. I opened the existing LR catalog on my laptop and set the preferences not to open the last used file.
I couldn't open the working catalog from my oc on my laptop, it gave me the same fatal error message. So at least I knew it wasn't the PC
I unzipped a backup and opened that one ..it worked but wouldn't backup -. When I opened it again there was an error message and Lightroom wanted to fix the catalog. Eventually it fixed itself. I'm on the road at the moment but I saved screen shots of the messages.
I have yet to try it on my main machine. If it plays up it's going to get wiped and reloaded.
Thanks again for your help.

banksiagirl

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
So the catalog wouldnt work with on the main machine so I uninstalled LR then re downloaded it again and it works. Thanks again