Lightroom6 Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jknights

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I got an automatic update last night to my Lightroom6 and InDesign CS6 applications.

I dont know what the LR6 update was about I guess it was a minor fix.
Does anyone know what was in the update?.

Last edited:
Just a couple of bug fixes, to fix a couple of installation problems that some users had run into.

Is the update available to the 'perpetual' license? Mine is saying it's up to date at 6.0.

Thanx Jim

But why does the 'Check for updates' not find it?

Not sure....maybe because it's a "double-dot" release, rather than the usual "single-dot" updates, but I'm only guessing. If I get a better answer, I'll let you know.

Not clearly stated in this thread, but the update is v6.0.1 It has been out since April 30. You may already be up to date.

No, as mentioned in my original comment, I have 6.0.

And I didn't get any notification for InDesign or any other Adobe CS6 products either.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Jim. :)

I installed the Latest Version of Adobe Exchange updater/plugin as I want to get the Fuji XT1 tethering plugin for LR as soon as possible..

This new version found the InDesign CS6 and Lightroom 6 updates.

Whoops, LOL! Need more sleep.....

Try from here. Scroll down a little for the updates.

Old age jim.

But I get an erro now when trying to run the install

"Lightroom CC/6 update – April 2015
Update is not applicable. Error Code: U44M2P28"

I'm using the 'stand alone' version of LR6.0, NOT the CC version

Last edited:
Whoops, LOL! Need more sleep.....

Try from here. Scroll down a little for the updates.
I clicked on your link too. It looked correct to me. So I shared it in another topic question. Now I'll have to figure out which one!!!

Old age jim.

But I get an erro now when trying to run the install

"Lightroom CC/6 update – April 2015
Update is not applicable. Error Code: U44M2P28"

I'm using the 'stand alone' version of LR6.0, NOT the CC version

Can you do Help>System Info and tell me the build number that you're running?

Here you go.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 10.17.11.JPG
    Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 10.17.11.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 488
Last edited by a moderator:
You could try downloading and installing the update from the more official Adobe site: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2013/06/keeping-lightroom-up-to-date.html

I've checked with Adobe and they say that update errors "are often caused by missing or modified files that Lightroom needs", with the suggestion to uninstall Lightroom completely, then download and reinstall it again, then try to install the update patch.

If you're not affected by the problems fixed by the update, you might consider that too much effort for little reward and stay with 6.0 and await 6.1.

Actually, I'd be more interested in going back to 5.7. Any way to do that once the catalogue has been used in version 6?

Actually, I'd be more interested in going back to 5.7. Any way to do that once the catalogue has been used in version 6?
When LR6 converted your LR5 catalog to the LR6 structure, it left you with a new copy and your old LR5 catalog intact. The LR6 install did not uninstall the LR5 app. So, you can start LR5 and open the last copy of your LR5 catalog. The only thing that you lose are any imports, keywords and develop adjustments that you have made using LR6. You will need to import those newer imports into the LR5 catalog and pick up where you left off with LR5.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back