Lightroom won't open at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmandaWeidenheft

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Hello,

I am using a Mac with the Sierra software. My Lightroom app won't open at all. I can click on it, and the Lightroom box will pop up on the screen, but then nothing. My mouse will turn into the rainbow circle that Macs do when they're loading, and it won't allow me to access preferences or anything else. Please help! I just purchased this in December.

It could be that your catalog or your preference file is corrupt. First try the preference file. How do I reset Lightroom's Preferences? - The Lightroom Queen

If that doesn't work, go to your Pictures folder, look for for the Lightroom catalog folder and move it to the desktop. That way Lightroom can't find it and automatically load it. See if that will get the application working again (it will ask you to locate the catalog or create a new one). If it does, you could create a new catalog and then see if 'Import from Another Catalog' allows you to import the old catalog.

Hi, thank you for your fast reply. Unfortunately, neither of the suggestions have been successful. :(
Any thoughts or ideas on how to resolve this?

It could be that your catalog or your preference file is corrupt. First try the preference file. How do I reset Lightroom's Preferences? - The Lightroom Queen

If that doesn't work, go to your Pictures folder, look for for the Lightroom catalog folder and move it to the desktop. That way Lightroom can't find it and automatically load it. See if that will get the application working again (it will ask you to locate the catalog or create a new one). If it does, you could create a new catalog and then see if 'Import from Another Catalog' allows you to import the old catalog.

To further Johan's recommendation to update, there are incompatibilities with Sierra that require updating to at least LR6.8. So LR6.9/2015.9 will most likely resolve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back