• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

LightRoom will not open

Status
Not open for further replies.

doduce

Lightroom Version Number
Not sure since I can't open LR but it is the latest version available on the CC Desktop
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I'm running LrC v 11 with Windows 11. LightRoom will not open--I get a box that says it will not open and LR will close. Rebooted my computer, but same result. Reinstalled LR with same result. Tried to open it with LrC open and closed. Any thoughts?

Can you post a screenshot of the actual message please?

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    580.1 KB · Views: 115
I haven't used LR much at all. I'm an LrC guy, but I want to start making use of the online capabilities of LR. It worked the last time I tried, but it was several months ago.
Could you please talk me through the process of going back to an earlier version? Many thanks.

If you click on View Report in that crash dialog, what shows up?

Most crashes are GPU related, so making sure your graphics card driver is up to date from the manufacturer rather than just Windows Update.

Hmmmm. We could spend some time trying to trace the issue, but since it's only a client for you (e.g. everything is in Classic), then it might be quickest to just try the nuclear solutions.

1. Uninstall Lightroom cloudy, and check the "remove preferences" checkbox while doing so.
2. Delete the local library cache - C: \ Users \ [your username] \ AppData \ Local \ Adobe \ Lightroom CC \ Data
3. Reboot the computer
4. Reinstall Lightroom cloudy and see if it's happy now

Hmmmm. We could spend some time trying to trace the issue, but since it's only a client for you (e.g. everything is in Classic), then it might be quickest to just try the nuclear solutions.

1. Uninstall Lightroom cloudy, and check the "remove preferences" checkbox while doing so.
2. Delete the local library cache - C: \ Users \ [your username] \ AppData \ Local \ Adobe \ Lightroom CC \ Data
3. Reboot the computer
4. Reinstall Lightroom cloudy and see if it's happy now
Uninstalled Lr and removed preferences. In the APP DATA\LOCAL folder there is no Adobe folder, just Microsoft and one other folder. I'll reboot and reinstall Lr and see what happens.

The local cache has to be there somewhere, are you looking in the user account? Hopefully just the preferences reset and reinstall will do the trick though.

Looking in the User account, including DEFAULT and PUBLIC accounts, but nothing for Adobe. Reinstalled Lr 5.0 and tried to open with the same lack of results. I'll go searching for the Adobe local cache. I'll also try to install on my laptop.

We lost Seamus at 12 1/2 in 2013 and his litter mate Maggie--my favorite--at 16 1/2 in 2017. We now have Brody, an adoptee.

I installed Lr 5.0 on my laptop, running the same version of Window 10 and it opened--slow but it eventually opened. I'll do some additional checking tomorrow when I have some time.

We lost Seamus at 12 1/2 in 2013 and his litter mate Maggie--my favorite--at 16 1/2 in 2017. We now have Brody, an adoptee.
Awww. They are such a part of the family aren't they.
I installed Lr 5.0 on my laptop, running the same version of Window 10 and it opened--slow but it eventually opened. I'll do some additional checking tomorrow when I have some time.
Great, hopefully that's done the trick then.

This has been bizarre. I installed the latest version on my laptop and it worked fine but I still couldn't get it to run on my desktop. Today I reinstalled 5.0 on the desktop for the third or fourth time and it worked. Nothing changed, but now it seems good. we'll see. Thanks for the help. The Queen rules!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back