• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lightroom "wants to use your confidential information" in my keychain

Status
Not open for further replies.

engineerartist

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
I have been a LR user since the beginning and am now using LR 6.14 on my Mac.
Envious of the new features being introduced in LR Classic CC, I downloaded a trial version to see if they would be useful.
The download was successful and it created a new catalog. I futzed around with the software for a bit - then quit and went back to my old LR 6.14 to make sure that it would still work (on the previous catalog, of course).
To my surprise - and dismay - when I opened it, I was confronted with a dialog I had never seen asking for my login keychain password to "use your confidential information stored in Adobe Lightroom in your keychain".
I declined and then uninstalled LR Classic CC as well as Adobe Creative Cloud!
However, upon launching LR 6.14 again, the same dialog was presented.
Why should installing a trial version of LR Classic CC have made this change to the way LR 6.14 works?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-13 at 11.11.07 AM.PDF
    239.6 KB · Views: 460
Your keychain contains logins and passwords, so Lightroom 6 probably just wants to verify the registration.

Thus is a MacOS message. MacOS will automatically provide your online credentials when you give the OS permission. In a secure environment, this is a safe way to store your credentials so that you do not need to remember them. You will see this a lot on your Mac. Not just with apps Like LR but also websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back