• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom wants to import deleted SDCARD photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerberos

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom 6.13
Operating System
Hi, last time I used Lightroom, it was working as usual, today I imported some pictures, then I deleted them from SDCARD and emptied the bin (I'm on OSX El Capitan with Lightroom 6.13). Then I accidentally hit import button again and all files I already imported and deleted from SDCARD, Lightroom was trying to import them again, but now with no previews (obvious because photos do not exist anymore). I even tried to show hidden files on SDCARD and nothing found, so what's going on? If I delete the DCIM folder and make a new one, this problem doesn't show up, but as soon as I make one photo, import it, then delete it from SDCARD and empty the pin and try to import from SDCARD again, this happens:

Screenshot 2018-04-02 18.09.36.png

So the problem is that you delete files from the card but your system can still see them?

Try putting the card in the camera and formatting it.

So the problem is that you delete files from the card but your system can still see them?

Try putting the card in the camera and formatting it.
Lightroom can see them. Neither OSX nor a different photo management software can see any pictures on the SD card once I delete them. I already formatted the SD card. I think my LR got sick.

There may be something cached... do the deleted photos still show up after a reboot?

Oh good. That turn it off and turn it on again often works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back